03 April 2011

Unbookening: Too big to fail

It was a great month for books... getting them at least. 

Received 5 books to review
Checked out 5 books from library
Received 7 books as gifts
Bought 4 books

Donated 4 books
Returned 2 to library

21 in... 6 out. I did end up counting Kindle books after your very thoughtful comments, but might change that in the future. The more books I buy on Kindle, the fewer of my physical books I am reading -- but at the same time I'm in no danger of running out of room on mine yet.

Meanwhile, this is required reading: "You Are Not A Book Hoarder," on the colloquial use of the terms hoarder or hoarding to describe a person who has a lot of things. I am definitely guilty of doing this. I have not read Ms Sholl's book but I can recommend Gail Steketee and Randy Frost's STUFF: COMPULSIVE HOARDING AND THE MEANING OF THINGS as a nonfiction, nonsensationalized look at hoarding behavior.

No comments: