07 May 2012

Unbookening: Three Confessions Edition

1. Someone was nice enough to relay me a copy of the 50 SHADES trilogy over a week ago and I haven't even cracked it, because I needed to get stuff done. The stuff has not been getting done, so there it sits -- quietly judging me. 
2. On Wednesday I was talking about Nabokov (IRL, not just in this post) and when asked whether I had read PNIN I said "Yeah, but it was a million years ago." I didn't mean that to come out so toolbaggish. I was only hoping the person wouldn't quiz me on the details as she was attempting to do.
3. This post is late because I still wanted to make good on my promise of showing my cleaned-up book shelf, but can't find my camera battery charger. (I have a Sony Cybershot and the battery seems to drain in a heartbeat. Get it together, Sony.) iSight just wouldn't capture the majesty of my work.

So I may be disorganized, pretentious and not have my priorities straight, but let's look on the bright side:

Bought 3 books (no Kindle deals!)
Received 5 for review
Checked 6 out of the library
14 in

Donated 12 
Returned 6 to the library
Returned 2 borrowed
20 out 

Here's hoping I still have a few years before they invent the perfect human.

No comments: