30 November 2011

Spotted on the subway

The surveillance continues, only the posts have slowed. On one of my flights out for Thanksgiving the woman next to me was reading UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN. Apparently, people still do that?! On the way back I saw a woman who was watching back-seat TV but had a copy of THE MARRIAGE PLOT planted on her tray table.

I know a lot of people who own this book and not many who have read it cover-to-cover like this guy on the train was. Sandy brown hair, plaid shirt under a peacoat, corduroys. He was totally engrossed, more so than I was in my book (clearly).

Also take note of the Better Book Titles version of this cover.

2 comments:

Peter Knox said...

So funny. I brought the SNL book on my Tgiving trip last week and started The Marriage Plot on the train on the way in this morning. Stop stalking me.

Ellen said...

Heh. I think you're safe, I only read over the shoulders of strangers!