06 June 2009

NYC: Housing Works Open Air Street Fair today


Oh, sweet temptation! SoHo's Housing Works is having one of its two annual street fairs today on Crosby and there will probably be $1 books galore. I need a good excuse not to be there -- perhaps I'm too busy reading Louis Menand's New Yorker essay on creative writing programs, which reveals (among other things) that Jonathan Safran Foer is teaching creative writing at NYU when not hanging out at the Public.

Thanks for the tips, Flavorpill and SPD.

Photo: kosloff

4 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

This is going to be hard - HARD - to pass up.

Ellen said...

I need a sponsor to call.

Nonickname said...

Ohhh! That would be so hard to resist. It makes me almost want to buy a plane ticket and fly across country to be there!

Ellen said...

Moonaroo, you have just given me a great idea for a touring company -- after all, NYC already has shopping tours but I've never heard of a book shopping tour. 'Course I may go broke "researching" it...